22nd edition of the Young Researcher Prize of the City of Clermont-Ferrand
On Tuesday April 2, twelve researchers from the five Clermont doctoral schools will present their work at the Espace multimedia Georges-Conchon as part of the 22nd edition of the Young Researcher Prize of the City of Clermont-Ferrand.
For more than twenty years, the City of Clermont-Ferrand has honored the work of young doctors who actively contribute to the reputation of Clermont research. In 2017, there were 214 defending their doctoral theses. Young researchers never cease to amaze us when we let them speak. Highlighting them is the ambition of the Young Researcher Prize of the City of Clermont-Ferrand, awarded in partnership with the Clermont Auvergne University Foundation, Polytech Clermont-Ferrand and the Banque Populaire Auvergne Rhône-Alpes. This prize rewards a real talent: the gift of transmitting their curiosity, their enthusiasm, their approach, their results and the broadest interest of the research they conducted during their thesis.
On April 2, 2019, 12 researchers from the five doctoral schools of Clermont Auvergne University lent themselves to the game of popular science. At the end of this exercise, the jury designated five winners.
Congratulations to the 5 winners!
- Benjamin Dalmas, doctor in computer science, receives the Grand Prize from the City of Clermont-Ferrand: €5,000
- Valentin Gueugneau, doctor in volcanology receives the Public Prize of the City of Clermont-Ferrand: €2,500
- Aurélie Rondon, doctor in cellular and molecular biology receives the Banque Populaire Auvergne Rhône Alpes Prize: €1,500
- Clémence Dubois, doctor in cell biology and oncology, receives the Clermont Auvergne University Foundation Prize: €1,500
- Maxime Vernet, doctor in high energy physics receives the ADER Aucergne – Polytech Clermont-Ferrand Prize: €1,500